donderdag 19 december 2013

Beyoncé Album Review || Bow Down B*tches!


Hi Dolls,

I was pleasantly surprised last Friday when I heard that Queen B had just dropped a visual album. No promotion, no announcement, nothing! I was waiting for this album for a very long time. Of course, I had to download the album immediately so I that I could hear and see everything. I love every song, amazing new album (although I still love 4 a little bit more).

I decided to do a review of every song and video on my blog, so you could all read what you can expect when you buy her new album. 

Here we go!!!


1. Pretty Hurts

Beyonce starts off with a beautiful ballad that has a strong message. She thinks that women shouldn't be focusing on beauty but on theirs souls and on themselves. She's calling out to society that only excepts thin perfect girls. With lyrics like "Vogue says thinner is better" and "We shine a light on whatever's worse". This song is one of my favorites. In the video we see Queen B as a contestant in a beauty pageant that does everything to fit in and to win. B said that she wanted to show that when you do all the "shit" that lets you win, what's important isn't the trophy you get, but at the end, it's still family, friends and health. 



2. Ghost/Haunted

In Ghost Beyonce literally says that she's tired of people around her, and she's tired of doing the same thing over and over again( I think that's why she surprised us with a visual album). With lyrics like "I don't trust these record labels, I'm torn" and "All the people on this planet, working 9 to 5 to stay alive" the message is loud and clear. Wake up people! 


Haunted is a really vage song and it has a really scary video to go with it! You should see it for yourself, I can't really explain what's it about, but you know what, it sounds really good! With lyrics like "I know if I'm haunting you, you must be haunting me" and "Slap me! I'm pinned to the doorway".


3. Drunk in Love
Drunk in love is a very fun, upbeat song! It shows us that Jay and B are still going strong after everything that they've been thru together. She's still drunk in love with him after being crazy in love with him almost 10 years ago!!! The video is very sexy, she's on the beach wearing nothing but a bikini and a transparent dress.With lyrics like "Beautiful bodies grinding off in that club" and "Can't keep my eyes off my fatty" this song is very catchy and you'll be singing it all day! 


4. Blow

Blow must be one of the most sexual song on this album. It is all about seducing your man, ha! This song has funk, soul and pop. It's produced by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland so get ready for some great beats. The video matches the song, and is very funky! With lyrics like "I love your face, you love the taste" and "keep me humming, keep me moaning". 



5. Angel

No angel is about dealing with your relationship and telling your husband/boyfriend that you love him and that's why you yell, get mad or are disappointed in them. Nobody's an angel, not you and he's not either. The video is shot in a rough neighborhood, showing us a lot of tough guys with their over-the-top cars. I think B wants to show us that all though these guys look tough, they're very soft from the inside.   With lyrics like "I know that I drive you crazy, but would you rather that I be a machine" and "Stop acting so scared just do what I tell". 


6. Yonce/Partition

Yonce is B's new alter ego! Sasha Fierce move over, we are ALL drunk in love with Yonce. She's fierce, sassy, fabulous and a little bit ratchet, haha! She also hangs with the best black supermodels... Check out the video for yourself, it's fab! With lyrics like "boy this all for you just walk my way"and Yonce all on his mouth, like liquor". 


Partition is really about being a naughty girl! You see Beyonce as a sexy dancer, and again.. This video is also very sexy. It's called partition because in the song, she's creeping around with Jay at the back of the limo and the driver should just roll up the partition so he and no one can see what they're doing back there. Naughty right? With lyrics like "I don't need you seeing Yonce on her knees" and "He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown". 




7. Jealous 

Jealous is my favorite song on the album. I've been listening to it all day since she released the album! It reminds me of a more grown up version of "Kitty Kat" and "Freakum Dress". You should just hear it... The song is amazing and the video is very fabulous. With lyrics like "Sometimes I want to walk in your shoes" and "I look damn good I ain't lost it". 



8. Rocket 

And again a sexual song on the album of Beyonce! In this video Beyonce almost bares it all...
With lyrics like "Climb until you reach my peek baby" and "Bathe in these waterfalls". 


9. Mine ( featuring Drake) 

Mine is one of my favorite songs on the album because it's about the struggle of a couple to keep their relationship intact. The video is very beautiful and of course it features the rapper Drake. With lyrics like "Me being at whatever I'm at, worried about wherever you are" and "this is a song for the good girl". 


10. XO
XO is an upbeat and fun song that's about being in love! The video features Beyonce's crew and Beyonce herself, enjoying themselves at Coney Island. It also features her fabulous stylist Ty Hunter. With lyrics like "Your love is bright as ever" and "I love it like XO".


11. *** Flawless ( featuring Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche) 

Flawless (the video and the song) is fierce, fabulous, sassy and powerful! You should see it for yourself. With lyrics like "I woke up like this, flawless" and "Bow down bitches". 


12. Superpower. ( featuring Frank Ocean)

It's the song that I like the least, but the video that I like the most! This song is about the superpower that a couple has when their love is strong enough that it can conquer anything. Kelly, Michelle, Pharrell Williams and Frank Ocean also make an appearance in the video. With lyrics like "I guess I didn't see myself before you" and "Like a bear, a tough love". 


13. Heaven

Heaven is a heartbreaking song where Beyonce sings about the loss of someone that is very close to you. The video is very sad and shows flashbacks of two best friends' life passing by before you and you also see them in the church ( one friend crying because the other had died). I think this song is written for her unborn child, as it precedes the song Blue, written for her daughter Blue Ivy. With lyrics like "I fought for you, the hardest, that made me the strongest" and "Heaven couldn't wait for you, so go on, go home". 



14. Blue (feat Blue Ivy)

When I first read the title I had to roll my eyes because I don't like it when celebs show too much love to their children in the public eye. But when I heard the song, I absolutely loved it. The video is so cool, it shows Beyonce playing with locals in Brazil and you can see Blue Ivy walking aroung being very, very cute! With lyrics like "Hold on to me" and "When I'm holding you tight, I'm so alive". 



15. Grown Woman
We all know this awesome song! 
Our very first introduction to Beyonce, the album (without us even knowing it)! 


I must say that this album shows us why the beyhive calls Beyonce, The Queen B!!!
 People you should all keep calling her that and if you didn't already, start NOW!


XOXO, 

Shary 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Great post! I was curious to know how her new album was :)
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. feeling so good! I was attractive by the first photo,and then seen around
    thank you for sharing this
    I was curious to know how her new album ,too
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for leaving a comment and for your visit to my blog!

XOXO,

Shary